Join our team
Content Creator job
About RARE Revolution
RARE Revolution Magazine is the brain child of Nicola Miller and Rebecca Stewart. As sisters, they came together in 2012 to form Action for XP (formerly Teddington Trust), a registered charity dedicated to supporting patients and families affected by the rare genetic disorder xeroderma pigmentosum (XP), after Nicola’s son was diagnosed with the condition aged just 13 months old.
Since 2012 they have worked seamlessly together to execute innovative health, well-being and educational projects. Their Little Ted patient resource was awarded the British Medical Association Patient Information Award for Children 2015.
Frustrated with the lack of opportunities available to promote rare disease and source accessible reliable information, they decided to embark on providing a new platform for all rare disease champions to be heard. RARE Revolution Magazine went on to become Scottish Special Interest of the year finalist 2018.
They formed NRG Collective Ltd in 2016, a not-for-profit company that creates, produces and distributes RARE Revolution Magazine, the RARE Youth Revolution, RARE Revolutionaries Network Community and RARE Communication supporting patient engagement initiatives through tailored digital communications strategies and managed advisory boards.
Thus the #RARERevolution movement was born..
Content Creator job description
This is a very exciting opportunity for a Content Creator to join our independent publishing company, NRG Collective Ltd. The successful candidate will work across the RARE Revolution brand alongside our passionate team.
This is a job where you really get to make a difference in a creative and innovative company and an exciting opportunity to grow your role with us at an exciting time for the company.
NRG Collective prides itself in providing a nurturing role that allows candidates of any age and stage to thrive and up-skill, allowing them to carve out a long-term career within the company.
About the role
This is a fast-paced and dynamic role in which the successful candidate will work closely across our digital and editorial departments supporting the senior team. The role includes the following activities:
- Producing strong long- and short-form content
- Researching, writing and editing content across all mediums including reports, white papers, press releases and blogs
- Conducting interviews with multiple stakeholders
- Creating, writing and scheduling engaging social media content and campaigns
- Creating well designed and balanced magazine layouts for publication
- Helping to create, deliver and maintain all editorial policies and standards
What we are looking for in candidates
Candidates should have a passion for all elements of digital communication. They should be able to use their own initiative, be organised, have strong writing skills and creative flair, and relish the opportunity to be part of a small but growing brand and ethical movement with not-for-profit values. The successful applicant will be home-based with some travel both within the UK and internationally to attend events.
As a small team, finding the right person to gel with our team is vital in our success. As a minimum we are looking for the following core qualities:
- Honest and reliable
- Empathetic and understanding
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Professional with good interpersonal skills
- Creative, dynamic and innovative thinking
- Capable of independent working and highly organised
- Qualification in English, creative writing or journalism
- Competency across Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity and competency in Canva or similar
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative software, ideally proficient in InDesign
- Video editing experience beneficial
- Creative eye and attention to detail
- Time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- UK applicants only
Salary and benefits
- Salary £21,000-£24,000 depending on experience
- 28 days holiday
- Company pension
- Employee perks scheme
- Home working and travel opportunities
How to apply
Please email your CV, cover letter and an example of your work to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 9th September 2022. Only complete applications will be considered for shortlisting. Interviews expected to take place week commencing 12th September 2022.